Tuesday 18 November 2008

Can You Make Money from a Hobby?

Answer: Yes of course you can. And I've done it ... several times. Don't get me wrong - I'm no millionaire, but I have made a living through to retirement, from part-time businesses and self-employment.

Sometimes what money I made was hardly worth the effort, but occasionally I turned a fun activity into a means of earning cash and eventually into a thriving business. And all along the way my hobbies, and more importantly the skills I aquired from them, helped me build my enterprise and at the same time save money by carrying out some jobs myself, which otherwise I might have had to employ someone else to do.

Just lately I have been thinking a lot about hobbies. Hobbies I do now, some I gave up long ago, a whole list that I want to take up some time in the future. Interests and activities that others do have always intrigued me. There are almost an infinite number of hobbies and pastimes that people engage in.

And almost any one of them could be turned into a profitable means of making money. That's what I intend to explore in this blog.

More later ...

No comments: